Tuesday 6 December 2022

Empirical Army update #1 plus a little bit extra

So I have made some progress on my Empire Army repaint; in this case six Great Swords who were originally part of a larger twelve man unit. My original plan was to just add a highlight here and a shadow there but I got carried away...surprise, surprise. And the results are pretty good, I think; certainly they are an improvement. There are another six on the painting bench and they should appear in the next update

Underway. rebased onto pennies and just
before the repainting 
Much improved and fit for battle
The next six Greatswords for repainting..

Next for repainting though not part of the original Empire Army was this lovely Copplestone Castings Wizard. This chap was carrying out his duties as my WoEhammer Bretonnian wizard but really the Bretonnians require a Fay Enchantress to fail their spell casting so I have repurposed him as a mage from one of the Empire magic colleges.....just need to make up a name for him as "Empire wizard" sounds a bit bland..


 

The inspiration for my wizard's new paint job. Painted
by an incredibly talented Polish chap who has a blog
called Game of Travel which I found by employing
my Google-fu. 

...and my wizard is not alone as I acquired me this Citadel Empire Celestial Wizard from an Oldhammer Facebook trading group. He'll be getting tackled soon too, once I have an idea of what colours to paint him and his steed..

...and the magic doesn't end there as I am revisiting my Bretonnians, in this case a Fay Enchantress figure from Black Tree Designs. She will be joining my Bretonnians who are also getting some more Oldhammer love..

Other Empire unit that are floating around the bench are Pistoliers and Outriders. In the 4th edition army book the Outriders are mounted on warhorses with gaudy painted armour and that is what I plan to emulate, The Pistoliers will sees some changes too but more of that anon. Suffice to say there are more than enough for my plans 


Lastly, and nothing really to do with my Empire Army beyond the fact that in the lore they spend a lot of time travelling through the Empire and defending it from it's many enemies, I have started painting up my Gotrek and Felix inspired figures from MoM Miniatures






I'm no expert in these matters but I think I can sense a Dwarve force for WoEhammer sometime in my near future.....


But that's it for the mo, folks, plenty of progress...and in all directions except backwards....which is a good thing, right?

Thanks for dropping by.
Pip pip for the mo..
GJB




4 comments:

  1. Looking good Jim - my Beastmen await!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha...I hope they are patient, Dave :oD

      Delete
  2. Yep, they are shaping up nicely. Nostalgia in bucket loads. 🪣

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bucket loads of nostalgia indeed, Richie, I just wish someone hadn't left the bucket loads near me as they are proving very distracting. Mind you bucket loads of nostalgia has to be better than the usual stuff I deal with by the bucket load!! :oD

    ReplyDelete

Empirical Army update #1 plus a little bit extra

So I have made some progress on my Empire Army repaint; in this case six Great Swords who were originally part of a larger twelve man unit. ...