Sunday 25 March 2018

Weekly Round Up #1

In an effort to bring some semblance of order to my blog, rather than blog bits of each separate project I'm working on I thought I would pinch an idea from other blogs I follow and start doing a weekly round up. Here's round up #1 


I've got the Hail Casaer Conquest of Gaul set quite a while ago on a whim. Haven't played it yet but me and my regular gaming compadre, Danny are working our way towards having enough troops to run the Britannia campaign from the supplement of the same name. Danny's way ahead of me in the preparation stakes but I'm getting there bit by bit. This is the latest lot that I have painted. Quite pleased with them. Just need to add the shield decals...which I am putting off as it looks way fiddley!  

Started work on my French deployment point for the Sharp Practice event at Britcon this August. As it is set during the Peninsular Campaign I thought a dead British rifleman and a vulture would be suitable :D

First of my Covenantors  for ECW Sharp Practice. This is a musketeer unit plus two leaders. They certainly are easier  to paint than the New Model Army figures. I hope to have the Covenantors done by the end of April for playtesting the pike and shotte version of Sharp Practice.  

I needed a wee project to break up the work load a bit and with the imminent release of the Too Fat Lardies What A Tanker rules I decided to put together and paint Warlord's Wittman's Tiger which I had bought a while back from Colonel Bill's'. It's a lovely kit but, as is often the case with resin kits, the flipping tracks were warped, and no amount of heating with very hot water would allow me to straighten them out. So I ended up just using Milliput to fill the gap and hope no one will notice or, at least, comment on it. 

And in a moment of serendipity I popped into my local Oxfam bookshop for a browse and fund these beauties. It's serenedipitous because I had been looking online for decent photos of Tigers in action and these beauties are chock full of them; happy days
I finally got around to tiling the roof on my Bastle House too. I'm still undecided ae to whether I should use Das clay to make more realistic brickwork or whether I should use cork matting cut to size. I may go with the clay as it might be the quicker. Either way I can't do anything til I get more PVA glue

And added tiles to the roof of my timber framed farmhouse from Sarissa Precision 

Lastly I hate to end my first weekly round up on a negative note but sadly, my Glenmorangie single malt has ran out.....whaaaa!! I'll need to  hunt about and see which supermarkets have it on special offer as I revere it's meddcinal qualities. okay, back to the hobby table;; pip pip

2 comments:

  1. Busy busy busy. Are you still looking for a game of Pikeman's Lament at some point?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be, David, but I can't see it happening before Deep Fried Lard. Once the Sharp Practice ECW chaps are done I'll be happy to play that if you like. I will need to put together more figures for Pikeman's Lament as the unit sizes are different.

      Delete

Empirical Army update #1 plus a little bit extra

So I have made some progress on my Empire Army repaint; in this case six Great Swords who were originally part of a larger twelve man unit. ...