Monday 28 May 2018

Millstone milestone

So a minor milestone reached; I have finished off the forces I needed for my English Civil War game of Sharp Practice, and in time for this weekends event too. Sadly, however, I won't make it to Deep Fried Lard as, last Friday, my brother-in-law lost his fight against cancer and passed away leaving a big gap in our lives. I'm not going dwell on it ; suffice to say it's been a huge blow. My missus has been staying at her sister's looking after the kids and the dog so I have ploughed on with completing this to distract me from thinking about the whole tragic event.

So here they are.....

The Covenanters consisting of, from left to right, front to back; two groups of firelock skirmishers led by Big Wullie McTuggard (leader I), Sir Miles Betur of Glasgow (leader III) plus two musicians, multi barrelled frame gun (no leader as yet and I still need to work out the statistics for that yet; range, reload etc) Middle row, Ensign Harold Lauder (leader I) , units of shotte, pike, shotte, Captain William Connelly (Leader II)  Ensign Charles Murray (with flag, Leader I) pike, unit of shotte, pike and Ensign Dougie Donnelly (leader I) Rear;  Major Neil Armstrong (leader II) Armstrong's Border Horse

Leaders

Multi barrelled frame gun. If anyone has any suggestions for it's stats i'm open to suggestions. 




New Model Army force. From left to right and front to back;ddragoon leader (leader II) dragoons (dismounted, leader II, Sir Ernest Tadger (leader III) leader, two units of firelocks skirmishers with leader, Centre row, formation of shotte, pike,shotte with leader I, formation of shotte, pike, shotte and leader I. Rear row, mounted dragoons plus leader. Cavalry leader (I or II,, not decided yet) cavalry unit




possible group for New Model Army deployment point 


 And that's them. I haven't had the chance to play test them and, to be honest, I'm a bit scunnered (Scots for cheesed off) with them. I don't think they are Warlord Games finest hour in the sculpting stakes. Still, they're cheap so I shouldn't really complain, I should justget onand play test them, i might grow to love them once they are in their proper element, on the wargames table.

pip pip














3 comments:

  1. Just read your post Jim Bob:( sorry to hear the news. Beautifully painted army as always, hopefully the tale of three Daubers can units soon for light hearted shenanigans and distraction!

    ReplyDelete

Empirical Army update #1 plus a little bit extra

So I have made some progress on my Empire Army repaint; in this case six Great Swords who were originally part of a larger twelve man unit. ...