Wednesday 13 June 2018

More recent stuff

Alongside the German armour splurge last week I also managed to get my Afrika Korps zug started. It's just a small start to work out the uniform colours for the infantry; the vehicles are much simpler to paint. I've gone for a base of Vallejo English Uniform mixed with some black then English Uniform as the mid colour them English Uniform with Iraqi Sand as the highlight. And it looks good, I think. I've put together two other squads and they'll get painted by and by as there's no hell fire rush for them



I have two Panzer IVs, the one on the left, the IV F1 with the light howitzer, is from Blitzkrieg and the other is from Warlord, being one of their resin kits. Similar to the Afrika Korps chaps these will get done at a later date.

Panzer IV F1 and Panzer IV F2 primed and ready to go
I also added s few more riflemen to my US Infantry platoon, as my force is somewhat lacking in that department. I also painted up another commander for my Yanks too as I wanted one that was slightly more individual. Basically I used a couple of arms from the US Marines sprue as I like the left arm with the wrist watch sculpted on it. I know, little things please little minds.


Also on the go is this M10 Tank Destroyer from Rubicon. To be honest i'm not a big fan of Rubicon kits (I have a few of teir kkts) They feel rather flimsy and I dislike the fact that their early kits have no crew which isn't a huge problem with their tanks but for vehicles with open turrets it's a pain. On saying that i have got around that problem by making my own crew from, in this case, from Warlord's US infantry sprue. I just scraped off their webbing harnesses, posed them, painted them and popped then in. Happy days.
As you can see I have also been busy with the green stuff and spare stowage




Lastly, I took delivery of a cobblestone gaming mat from Deep Cut Mats. I got a 4'4' one as that's as big  board as I can squeeze in our flat, 
Naturally I had to photograph it and so I put some terrain and figures on it  to enhance it as it looks rather dull otherwise.
Just the job for In Her Majesties Name as well as other skirmish type games 






That's it for the moment,

pip pip




No comments:

Post a Comment

Empirical Army update #1 plus a little bit extra

So I have made some progress on my Empire Army repaint; in this case six Great Swords who were originally part of a larger twelve man unit. ...