Thursday 10 June 2021

"If Paradise is Half As Nice".... A Moving Story Part the Second

So where was I? Oh yeah, Govanhill in Glasgow but not anymore for we have moved....over to the right a bit and down a touch and about 10 weeks ago npw and I am only now sitting down to update the General's musings. And in general all has went well; as you can see from the photos I have got the new hobby space; James Workshop, set up. It took a little while to get it to this point as I had to wait for the penny to drop and realise that I could store my not inconsiderable collection of terrain in the garage and free up space in James Workshop for...well,..anything I want.  

Oooh, I like it in here. The Really Useful Boxes contain
my figures, sprues and MDF kits. My scale model stash
is growing too and more on that in the future


I love having a shelf full of books and a case for my
figures and kits. It's a childhood dream come true...
honestly

More shelves and books and another display cabinet.
The shelves can be put together to give me a 3'x3'
gaming space

Still a WIP, the garage needs electricity ran out to it and a
clean up...and some repairs carried out

    It's not been all work and no play. I have been productive and here are a few examples of the stuff I have managed to get done since we moved back at the start of April..

Anyscale Models 30cwt truck wreck 


Warlord Games M18 Tank Destroyer for my US Cavalry force


I have also painted quite a few figures including this Black Tree
Designs German Medic set. I'll do a sperate blog post to cover
the figures as I have a few projects on the go

I have put together quite a bit of terrain starting with some rather
large, bushy hedges

A lot of TT Combat terrain from their cheap as chips World War range

added bases to these Sarissa Precision houses

....and trimmed down the base of my Warbases Garage


..and put together a back garden from Warbases for
this building from Dave's Wargames 

lastly, for the moment, this ruin again from TT Combat


And that's it for the mo; it's been a very busy couple of months but with Glasgow now moved down into Tier 2 lockdown and us settled in there'll be more things to blog about very soon including gaming....

Pip pip for now,
GJ


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Empirical Army update #1 plus a little bit extra

So I have made some progress on my Empire Army repaint; in this case six Great Swords who were originally part of a larger twelve man unit. ...