Thursday 3 February 2022

Update #2/2022

Yes folks, it's time for update #2 of 2022. Now wait a minute before you start rushing out and panic buying Christmas presents, calm down, just because I am at update #2 for the year doesn't mean it must be December already. No, this is the new, improved (?) approach I am taking to the blog; no more write a blog update, take out a mortgage, pay off said mortgage, write the next update. No, I mean to be more regular....and also post updates more often too...boom boom! <cue tumbleweed......😁> if only so that I can keep up to date with what I have done.

So what have I done since last you gazed upon my works; well I have been vusy, very busy..yes, busy but not focused. Following up from my last update here's what I have got done 

1/1 Scale Terrain. I have managed to find time to put some more boards up in the garage. The hold up here is that I need my good llady wife to assist me by holding the rather large MDF boards while I make light of the sawing by employing our circular saw however she has been busy researching stuff for a job interview so I have tackled what I could. It's coming along however it's back on hold as I am off to visit Colonel Bill's and help out at the Depot and the Vapnartak Wargames Show this coming Sunday, 6th February.

getting there..a bit rough and ready but it will do.

Another reason why I need Mrs General Jimbob
to assist; I tend to make gaffs when operating
machinery without supervision such as cutting
through my gaming tables with my circular saw;
I wondered why it seemed to be making hard
work of cutting through the MDF.....



1/56 Scale Terrain.....nuffink. I have completely avoided doing any work on the factory buildings, despit my best intentions...

1/35 scale Models....Nothing to see here...move along..

1/56 scale Well here I have made some minimal progress. I have spent some more time working on painting the collection of German armour and had gotten as far as dry brushing them when I realsied I didn't have suffcient Balkan Cross decals for them so I went onto the Warlord Games site and ordered a sheet as quick as flash. The decal sheet has arrived since then but in the meantime I had become engrossed in other stuff, of which more in a moment, so while they have been put on the back burner but only for a brief time as the decaling and weathering will be at most two evenings work. Then it's the crews!


One of the other things I got diverted with was more German Infantry. And purely because they were based and ready to start, I was packing for a sleep over shift at work and of all the portable, ready to stuff I had at hand the German Infantry were the easiest to get done.


Continuing with the 1/56 scale theme, I have based the Victrix Napoleonic French figures I had for Black Powder. As nice as they look I have to build and paint more and more and I need to replace these Line types as I used them for Sharp Practice. But for now I am really pleased with these guys.


And here's where I got diverted. My chum Danny is coming down to Glasgow from way up north in Scotland in March and we, Danny, Richie and myself are organising a days worth of gaming and we might, just might fit in some Mordheim so I decided to finish off two more warbands; a Skaven warband (Thank you Bill King, Gotrek and Felix, Audible and Jonathon Keeble 😀)......


and a Witchhunters warband.....


...only I forgot to paint up this chap...doh! But he's next on the list

 
Lastly, and sticking with a fantasy theme I bashed out this orc stone thrower from Black Tree Designs



Why red I hear you ask; well this rock lobber from Games Workshop really inspired me and I figured if it's an orc rock lobber and it's red then it stands to (Orc-ish) reason that it will shoot faster.....well, it might. Anyhow, that's for Warlords of Erehwon and another day. That's all for another day and another update, til then I am off to write out my shopping list for Vapnartak; sci fi vehicles; Rhinos, Valkyries etc are a definitely on the list. Till next time  pip pip, General J














No comments:

Post a Comment

Empirical Army update #1 plus a little bit extra

So I have made some progress on my Empire Army repaint; in this case six Great Swords who were originally part of a larger twelve man unit. ...