Sunday 29 April 2018

Long Overdue Weekly Round Up #2

I had intended to do a weekly round up starting about 4 weeks ago but what with one thing and another I have failed signally.
The main problem has been that my laptop finally gave up the ghost so I had had to resort to using my tablet and a Wifi/bluetooth keyboard, which is frankly only slightly better than depending on my tablet alone.

the blogging version of  making  a silk pure from a pigs ear :(

Anyhow, this is an overdue round up up not a whinge session. So what's new? Well I have been bitten, well and truly y the Victorian SciFi bug in the shape of In her Majesties Name from Osprey Publishing written by Craig Cartmell and Charles Murton, and rollicking good  fun they are to. But more about that in another post.  



In other news, Too Fat Lardies released What A Tanker. Which lives up to it's tag line of "A Challenging and Fun Game of WWII Tank Combat. To date I have only played a couple of solo games of WaT (and it plays fine as a solo game) and it is a great game, in my humble opinion.
 and, inspired by What A Tanker I decide to put build and paint Warlord's  Wittman's Tiger, a kit i had bought from that wargamers treasure trove, Colonel Bill's.
The kit is made of resin and metal and one oof the first thing I noticed was that the tracks were slightly warped and, despite my best efforts and much soaking and bending in warm  water, the tracks being quite thick only straighteened out marginally.. It's not a huge problem as you can see (or not) from the photos but it was certainly enough to put me off for a while.
Anyway, I eventually primed and painted it as a Heer Tiger as opposed to an SS one, mainly because I don't have any SS units in my collection.  And I'm very pleased with the result. Just needs some final weathering and attaching to a base (I put small, discreet bases on all my tanks so  I can magnetise team and transport them in magnetic sheet lined Really Useful Boxes)






After my introduction to Kiss Me hardy last weekend at WorLard I decided to take the plunge and ordered a starter fleet of 1/2400 scale ships from Tumbling Dice as well as a sheet of French flags. They arrived quite  quickly (not the same day, sadly) and are really nice. They are going to have to wait for the moment but I'm really looking forward to building and painting them

this is what eighteen lovely British pounds get you from Tumbling Dice
I plan to get myself a nice, ocean mat on which to sail my fleet Fingers crossed I manage to sell enough of my old 40K stuff on eBay to raise the money for a nice, shiny new mat.

And that's me for the moment; another round up next week, hopefully....no definately..
pip pip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Empirical Army update #1 plus a little bit extra

So I have made some progress on my Empire Army repaint; in this case six Great Swords who were originally part of a larger twelve man unit. ...